Before Wow Parenting was born, Naren, our co-founder, wrote a beautiful book on parenting titled “The Essentials of Parenting”. It talks about skills needed to make our kids ready for tomorrow.” Don’t you want that for your kids?
Let me give you a quick sneak peek into the contents of this light-hearted, important and rather useful parenting book:
- Naren writes the books straight from his heart. Reading it will be like having a nice chat with Naren over a hot cup of coffee, with you sitting cross legged or sprawled on the grass, all comfortable. All this, while Naren enlightens you with simple tricks and tips to make your parenting journey a memorable one. Don’t believe me? Here’s a little intro to why Naren writes. He says, “According to folklore, a flute instrument called quena was originally made of human bones. It owes its origins to a Red Indian Chief’s love for for his mistress. When she died, he made a flute out of her bones (it’s folklore, don’t cringe!). The quena has a more penetrating, more haunting sound than a wooden flute.
When an idea haunts us, like the melody of a quena, we writers cannot hold ourselves. We write.”
- This book discards all the common parenting myths and talks simple, real things.
“Our intentions as parents are always nobel. Let’s back it up with actions that leave no one in any doubt about our intentions.”
- The book gives you simple, positive, useful tips on incredible parenting.
“Laws of Communication for parents:
A. Whatever happens, I will respect my child.
B. I will practice involved listening…
C. I will understand and not assume before I communicate
D. I will ask questions and teach my child how to think…”
Useful tips not just for parents, but for adults in general I guess.
- The book is simple and fun! It is:
- free of jargon,
- written with love,
- easy-to-understand and
- as light as a pocket book.
- You can refer to it anytime, at any stage of parenting.
- It is filled with nuggets of wisdom. Here is a sample…
“Maybe, friends are often teasing your child. It results in your child withdrawing from interacting with people. You end up thinking that your child is not smart enough or that your child is an introvert. The actual reason is that your child does not find his/her environment favorable to speak..”
- It spans a number of crucial parenting topics like…
- “Raising successful children,”
- “Kids who are happy on their own.”
- ”Honing the ability to deal with failure,”
- “Teaching kids values like compassion and empathy,”
- “Finding a role model for our kids,”
- “Getting the basics of parenting right”
- Naren bases everything on his own parenting experience superbly supplemented with his research including interactions with thousands of parents in his parenting workshops. He has over 17 years of experience in inspirational and parental training and has transformed thousands of lives, with his work.
- You will learn every tip in the form of anecdotal stories! I am not giving anything more away. Wait for it. Get the book and enjoy all the stories that Naren narrates.
Why do I need this book, you ask?
- If you ever wonder how to set a good example to your kids while living your life to your heart’s content, you need this book.
- If you grapple with sibling rivalry or gloomy loneliness in your child, you need this book.
- If you wonder how to bring up responsible,happy kids, who value money and emotions, you should read this book.
- If you struggle with balancing your work, life and parenting, you will love this book.
If you hate gyan, like stories and straightforward conversations, you will absolutely adore this book.
Wondering what is this online parenting program about? Head over to this page and find out right now! Wishing you tons of joy, in your parenting journey.