Working Parents 0/8
Why working parents like you need ‘Me time’?
As a working parent, our lives have too many things we need to handle. Sometimes it’s our work, sometimes it’s our relatives, sometimes its a social obligation and of course we have our children we need to groom and balance.
In all of these, the one person we end up completely ignoring is ‘Ourselves’.
Why it is necessary for parents like you to have a ‘Me time’?
1) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you won’t be able to relax
2) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you won’t feel charged
3) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you won’t celebrate yourself.
4) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you will feel stuck in a rut.
5) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you may feel nobody cares for you.
6) If you don’t have ‘Me time’ you will miss the beauty of life.
So, without an ounce of guilt design a ‘Me time’ for yourself.
What can you do in your ‘Me time’?
1) Read a book
2) Watch a film or a series
3) Listen to music
5) Take up a hobby or an activity
The impact of ‘Me time’ is subtle yet important. It’s like wearing your favourite perfume, eating your favourite food etc. These are small things that we do for ourselves which provide us a feel of satisfaction and gratification.
How often should I design a ‘Me time for myself?
At least, once a week. If possible 2 – 3 times a week
Keep watching our ‘Parenting for Working Parents’ series to learn more on how can working parents like you raise a champion child.